History Teaching and Writing CenterAvailability: See below
View full schedule →
About History Teaching and Writing Center
The Department of History Teaching and Writing Center was founded in 1997 to help undergraduate students improve their history writing skills. Staffed by several graduate student advisors every semester, the Center offers all kinds of help.
The History Writing Center is available to any student in a history course needing assistance with a writing assignment. You may stop by 303 Schaeffer Hall to sign up for a time OR call 319-335-2584 to request a time during scheduled hours.
Fall 2018 Hours:
What to Expect:
- Help you to brainstorm ideas for papers and presentations.
- Help you to polish the rough ideas you already have.
- Help you to organize outlines and papers.
- Help you refine a draft.
- Help you create a strong historical argument.
- Help to demystify the ways that historians talk about history.
- Help you turn in the best paper you possibly can.
How to Prepare:
To give you the best help we can, we ask that you provide the following:
- A copy of your assignment sheet.
- Any brainstorm diagrams, rough work, or writing you have completed for the project.