Division of World Languages, Literatures & Cultures (DWLLC)
Location: 111 Phillips Hall (PH)
Visit website →
About Division of World Languages, Literatures & Cultures (DWLLC)
Programs in the Division include:
- American Sign Language
- Asian & Slavic (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Sanskrit)
- French & Italian (Arabic, French, Italian, Swahili)
- Spanish & Portuguese
- Literary Translation
The language programs in the DWLLC all run conversation hours for extra speaking and signing practice, starting the second week of classes. Dates and times are listed below.
- ASL Conversation Hours
- Tuesdays, 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m.
- Thursdays, 2:30 p.m.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link
- Chinese Corner
- Feb 9, Feb 17, Feb 23, March 3, March 9, March 17
- 4:50–5:30 p.m.
- Zoom ID: 444 731 7483
- French Conversation Hour
- Wednesdays from 12:30-2:00 p.m.
- Zoom link: https://uiowa.zoom.us/j/4276697310
- German Kaffeeklatsch
- Thursdays, 4:00–5:00 p.m. (see flyer linked above for dates)
- Zoom ID: 946 1967 8065
- Password: mitZucker
- Italian Conversation Hour
- Wednesdays, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- For more information, email email@example.com
- Japanese language table
- Suspended for Spring 2021
- Portuguese Bate-Papo
- Wednesdays, 5:00–6:30 p.m.
- Sign-in link: https://apps.its.uiowa.edu/swipe2/site/lmct/signin/virtual/batepapo
- Fridays, 4:00 PM
- Zoom ID: 979 9746 8965
- Passcode: russ
- Spanish Cafecito Cervantes
- Thursdays, 4:00– 4:45 p.m. (see attached flyer for dates)
- Zoom link: https://uiowa.zoom.us/j/91922924344
Other departmental co-curricular support for undergraduate success:
- French grammar table
- Fridays 3:30-5:00pm
- Zoom link: https://uiowa.zoom.us/j/95601956515
- German tutoring
- Monday/Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays/Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- See attached flyer for additional information, including Zoom log-in details
- Italian tutoring
- Students interested in Italian tutoring should contact their instructor and will then be paired with an upper level student of Italian.
- Spanish Grammar Center
- Grammar help for any level of Elementary or Intermediate Spanish (Spanish General Education classes- SPAN:1001, 1002, 1003, 1501, 1502, and 1503)
- Visit this page for links to sign-up: https://tutor.uiowa.edu/find-help/help-labs/spanish-grammar-and-language-support/
For additional support information within the Division of World Languages, Literatures & Cultures, check out the Center for Language and Culture Learning Tutor Iowa Page.
American Sign Language ASL Asian Slavic French Italian German Spanish Portuguese Arabic Chinese Hindi Japanese Korean Russian Sanskrit Swahili Language Media Center Linguistics Division of World Languages Literatures and Cultures DWLLC Language