Division of World Languages, Literatures & Cultures (DWLLC)
Location: 111 Phillips Hall (PH)
Visit website →
About Division of World Languages, Literatures & Cultures (DWLLC)
Programs in the Division include:
- American Sign Language
- Asian & Slavic (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Sanskrit)
- French & Italian (Arabic, French, Italian, Swahili)
- Spanish & Portuguese
- Literary Translation
The language programs in the DWLLC all run conversation hours for extra speaking and signing practice, starting the second week of classes. Dates and times are listed below.
- ASL Conversation Hours
- Mondays, 3:30 p.m.–4:20 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 11:30 p.m.–12:20 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m.–11:20 a.m.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link
- Chinese Corner
- 9/9 (Wed), 9/15 (Tues), 9/24(Thu), 10/6 (Tues), 10/14 (Wed), 10/22 (Thurs)
- 3:30 p.m.–4:20 p.m.
- Zoom ID: 379 931 1673 Password: 123
- French Conversation Hour
- Wednesdays from 3:30 - 5:00pm.
- Zoom link https://uiowa.zoom.us/j/7012425142
- German Kaffeeklatsch
- Wednesdays, 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Email instructor for the Zoom link
- Suspended for Fall 2020
- Suspended for Fall 2020
- Portuguese Bate-Papo
- Wednesdays, 5:00 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Russian conversation hour
- Wednesdays, 6:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Spanish Cafecito Cervantes
- Thursdays, 4:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Other departmental co-curricular support for undergraduate success:
- French grammar table
- Thursdays 5:00-6:30pm
- Zoom link: https://uiowa.zoom.us/j/92946855225.
- German tutoring
- Elementary and Intermediate level via Zoom (email instructor for the Zoom link)
- Monday/Wednesdays, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays/Thursdays, noon-2:00 p.m.
- Italian tutoring
- Students interested in Italian tutoring should contact their instructor and will then be paired with an upper level student of Italian.
- Spanish Grammar Center
- Grammar help for any level of Elementary or Intermediate Spanish (Spanish General Education classes- SPAN:1001, 1002, 1003, 1501, 1502, and 1503);
- Mondays 2:00-3:00
- Tuesdays 10:00-1:00; 3:30-4:00
- Wednesdays 11:00-1:00
- Thursdays 10:00-1:00; 3:30-4:00
- Visit this page for links to sign-up: https://tutor.uiowa.edu/find-help/help-labs/spanish-grammar-and-language-support/
For additional support information within the Division of World Languages, Liteatures & Cultures, check out the Center for Language and Culture Learning Tutor Iowa Page.
American Sign Language ASL Asian Slavic French Italian German Spanish Portuguese Arabic Chinese Hindi Japanese Korean Russian Sanskrit Swahili Language Media Center Linguistics Division of World Languages Literatures and Cultures DWLLC Language