Mathematics Tutorial LaboratoryAvailability: Hours are varied, click below to "View full schedule"
View full schedule →
Location: 125 MacLean Hall (MLH)
About Mathematics Tutorial Laboratory
The Mathematics Tutorial Laboratory is a place for students to get assistance studying for their math classes. Its primary function is to provide students with the opportunity to receive one-on-one help from tutors ready and able to answer questions; the Math Tutorial Lab gets over 10,000 student visits each semester.
The Mathematics Department maintains a list of students available for private tutoring. If you are interested in being added to this list, tutor applications are available in 14 MLH from Chris Brenneman.
What to Expect:
- Sign in at the Front Desk when you enter the Mathematics Tutorial Laboratory.
- Raise your hand when you want help.
- Be courteous to those around you.
- Turn cell phones to silent. If you choose to take a call, hold your conversation outside the Math Lab.
- Remember that the tutors will not give answers to homework. They will help you learn the techniques that will enable you to do your homework.
- When the Math Lab is busy, try to ask only one or two questions at a time and be patient when waiting. The tutors on duty are not your personal tutors, and they need to help others as well.
How to Prepare:
- Attend class. Remember, the Mathematics Tutorial Lab serves as an adjunct to math courses and is not a replacement for the material presented by your instructors. It is important that you also attend lectures and discussions regularly!
- Come with specific questions or topics.
- Come in more than 48 hours before your test. The Math Lab gets very busy before tests, and you will have to wait much longer to get help.
- Come in on a regular basis. A tutor cannot teach you everything your professor covered in the previous 4 weeks of class in one hour.
algebra geometry trigonometry calculus precalculus pre-calculus math mathematics engineering math linear algebra calc Math Lab math for business calculus for business math for biology calculus for biology