TRIO Student Support ServicesAvailability: See website
About TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO SSS serves students at the University of Iowa who demonstrate academic need and are first generation, or low-income, or have a verified disability. TRIO SSS is much more than a tutoring program, and it is expected that participants will be actively engaged in the program throughout their undergraduate program.
What to Expect:
TRIO SSS participants benefit from:
- Individualized coaching are all facets of the university experience
- 1 semester hour course every semester to aid in their college success. Topics include academic success, financial literacy, career development, diversity/equity/inclusion, leadership development, and life skills.
- Connections with students from similar backgrounds
- Individual and small group tutoring
How to Prepare:
If you are an active participant and want to request a tutor:
- Complete a tutor request form on the TRIO SSS website
- When matched with your tutor, contact them within 24 hours
- You are allotted one hour of tutoring per week, per course
- All tutoring will be virtual for Spring 2021