TRIO Student Support ServicesAvailability: See website
About TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a free service offered to students enrolled in the TRIO program.
TRIO Student Support Services participants benefit from:
- Highly individualized counseling and advising
- Academic, wellness, cultural, social and financial literacy programming
- Connections with student of similar backgrounds
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential grant aid for sophomores
- Priority registration & more
What to Expect:
There are a few basic requirements to join TRIO SSS. You must be:
- Enrolled as a full-time student at UI
- U.S Citizen or eligible to receive federal financial aid
- First-generation college student (neither parent or guardian has received a baccalaureate degree), or
- Income eligible according to the federal government, or
- Have a verified disability.
- Demonstrate academic need.
How to Prepare:
Requesting Tutoring Services
The first step to request a tutor is meeting with a TRIO Counseling Specialist.
Call 319-335-1288 to schedule an appointment.
Student guidelines for TRIO tutoring:
- Be on time for scheduled appointments
- Meet with your tutor at the same time and same place each week
- Notify tutor at least eight hours in advance if unable to keep an appointment
- Attempt homework prior to meeting with tutor
- Bring all necessary materials, including questions, to appointments
- Attend class regularly
- Keep tutor informed of your progress in the class