The Office of Academic Support & Retention facilitates academic workshops focusing on a variety of topics that are available to student groups, student organizations, and university departments. Each interactive workshop is about 45-60 minutes. Currently, workshops are available for the following content areas:
- Academic Resources—learn about what campus resources are available to you and how to use them effectively.
- General Study Skills—learn about creating study timelines and environments to contribute to being a successful student.
- Reading & Note Taking—learn about organizing, recording, and reviewing information from textbooks and presentations, using methods for taking organized notes and active reading.
- Resiliency—learn about bouncing back from situations that do not go as planned, on a path towards success.
- Daily Habits of a Successful Students—learn about the daily habits of a successful student, what basic academic behaviors are, and how daily habits affect students’ GPAs.
- Test Taking—learn about ways to approach exams, including memory techniques and strategies for tackling multiple choice questions.
- Time Management—learn about the tools to create effective time management plans and to recognize how student success is affected by time management.