Member Since: 09/06/2018
Meeting Preference: On Campus (Main Library?)
If none of the times below work for you, feel free to shoot me an email and we can work something out.
Available times: (there are more though, likely)
Mondays: 11:30am-3:30pm, 5:30pm-7:30pm
Sunday: 11:30am-12:30pm, 4:30pm-5:30pm
Hourly Rate: $20.00
Hello! I finished my (Pure) Mathematics major last semester. I'm Steven Koprowicz and I live, sleep, and breathe tutoring. Okay, that may be hyperbole, but I do love to tutor / teach. My passion is teaching, even though I'm not an education major (though I have taken a 6000-level Ed Psych class). Rather, I have a strong mathematics background. Last semester, I took three graduate-level mathematics courses. I also have a minor in computer science and am very strong at Java. However, unlike my classmates, I have memorized the curriculum for almost all of the lower-level courses. I have a different teaching style than most, based on research and experience. My bookshelf is filled with hundreds of books, much of these on education. I have researched the art of teaching to a great extent, so I feel that my methods are quite credible. However, if my style of teaching does not fit your preference, I am happy to alter it in any way.
For my undergraduate courses, my Math + Comp Sci GPA is 4.04.
As well, I have always seen results. Though I cannot offer guarantees, I know that if you are able to devote yourself, there will be positive results. If not, I will do everything in my power to help you achieve success.
Also, please note that I can only tutor courses that I have been approved for. I am currently working to add additional courses to the list.
- Discrete Structures, CS:2210
- Computer Science II: Data Structures, CS:2230
- Computer Organization, CS:2630
- Algorithms, CS:3330
- Probability & Stats for Engr & Phys Sci, STAT:2020
- College Algebra, MATH:1005
- Trigonometry, MATH:1010
- Elementary Functions, MATH:1020
- Math Basis of Elementary Geometry, MATH:1140
- Mathematics for Business, MATH:1340
- Calculus and Matrix Algebra for Business, MATH:1380
- Mathematics for the Biological Sciences, MATH:1440
- Calculus for the Biological Sciences, MATH:1460
- Engineer Math I Single Variable Calculus, MATH:1550
- Calculus I, MATH:1850
- Calculus II, MATH:1860
- Engineering Math III: Matrix Algebra, MATH:2550
- Introduction to Linear Algebra, MATH:2700
- Introduction to Abstract Algebra I, MATH:3720
- Fundamental Properties Spaces/Funct I, MATH:3770
- Introduction to Mathematics Research, MATH:3900
MATH Math Mathematics Maths CS Computer Science STAT Statistics Linear Algebra Algebra Abstract Algebra Real Analysis Analysis Calculus CS:2230 2230 Computer Science II: Data Structures Java Data Structures CS:2210 2210 Discrete Structures Algorithms CS:3330 3330 Computer Organization CS:2630 2630 Probability & Stats for Engr & Phys Sci STAT:2020 2020 Engineering Statistics Engineering Stat Physics I PHYS:1701 1701 College Algebra MATH:1005 1005 Trigonometry MATH:1010 1010 Elementary Functions MATH:1020 1020 Math Basis of Elementary Geometry MATH:1140 1140 Mathematics for Business MATH:1340 1340 Calculus and Matrix Algebra for Business MATH:1380 1380 Mathematics for the Biological Sciences MATH:1440 1440 Calculus for the Biological Sciences MATH:1460 1460 Engineer Math I Single Variable Calculus Engineering Math MATH:1550 1550 Calculus I MATH:1850 1850 Calculus II MATH:1860 1860 Engineering Math III: Matrix Algebra MATH:2550 2550 Introduction to Linear Algebra MATH:2700 2700 Introduction to Abstract Algebra I MATH:3720 3720 Fundamental Properties Spaces/Funct I MATH:3770 3770 Introduction to Mathematics Research 3900 MATH:3900