Hours/Availability: see below
Location: 120 Phillips Hall (PH)
Phone: (319) 335-2332
About the Center for Language and Culture Learning (CLCL)
Located in Phillips Hall, the newly remodeled Center of Language and Culture Learning primarily serves the Division of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (DWLLC). The Center contains facilities for video production and editing, spaces for small group and collaborative work, an ITC lab with twenty-four computers, and a large lounge for studying, workshops, conversation hours, and tutoring sessions.
The Center administers several programs within the DWLLC, including peer tutoring in the below languages. Click on the links below to learn more about tutoring options for that language.
- American Sign Language tutoring with Paige
- Arabic tutoring with Khaled
- Chinese tutoring with Lilly
- French tutoring with Kodjo
- German tutoring with Will
- Italian tutoring with Sophia
- Japanese tutoring with Austin
- Korean tutoring with Jack
- Portuguese tutoring with Mariana
- Russian tutoring with Lisa
- Spanish tutoring with Nicane
- Swahili tutoring with Diamond
The Center for Language and Culture Learning also runs the Directed Independent Language Study (DiLS) program, where those interested in learning a language not taught in the Division can find resources and, if possible, be matched with a native-speaking tutor or conversation partner. Please visit their website or email email@example.com for more information.
For additional information regarding support services within the Division of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (DWLLC), check out the DWLLC Tutor Iowa page!