Hours/Availability: see website
Location: 2750 University Capitol Center (UCC) Upper Level
Phone: (319) 335-1288
About TRIO Student Support Services (SSS)
TRIO SSS serves students at the University of Iowa who demonstrate academic need and are first generation, or low-income, or have a verified disability. TRIO SSS is much more than a tutoring program, and it is expected that participants will be actively engaged in the program throughout their undergraduate studies.
What to Expect
TRIO SSS participants benefit from:
- Individualized coaching in all facets of the university experience
- 1 semester hour course every semester to aid in their college success. Topics include academic success, financial literacy, career exploration and professional development, diversity/equity/inclusion, leadership development, and life skills.
- Connections with students from similar backgrounds
- Individual and small group tutoring
How to Prepare
If you are an active participant and want to request a tutor:
- Complete a tutor request form on the TRIO SSS website
- When matched with your tutor, contact them within 24 hours
- You are allotted one hour of tutoring per week, per course